Steppe Gold’s utmost priority is safety. We aim to achieve zero injuries and zero equipment damage. Steppe Gold will endeavour to achieve this by maintaining and promoting a safe and healthy work environment for all its employees and contractors.
Therefore, health and safety training is an integral part of Steppe’s philosophy and management systems. Our Health and Safety Training Policy ensures compliance with relevant legislation and will be reviewed regularly with the aim of continually improving our team’s health, safety and training. Steppe Gold will commit the necessary resources to properly implement and manage this policy.
The objective of the Policy is to:
- Prevent workplace accidents and diseases.
- Protect employees from safety and health hazards, which may arise out of their work by maintaining a safe workplaces.
- Involve employees so that they feel empowered to ensure their own safety and the safety of others, by complying with proper health and safety policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain a Safety Management System to deliver the Policy objectives.
The Safety Management System will:
- Establish and maintain work practices, which are safe and reduce the risk to health.
- Provide comprehensive training, re-training, information, instruction and supervision of all employees to enable them to perform their duties safely.
- Develop procedures for hazard identification, risk assessment and to implement measures to control the risk.
The Safety Management System shall include but is not limited to:
- Employee orientation and ongoing training.
- Safe work systems and practices.
- Hazard identification, risk assessment and control procedures.
- Accident / incident investigation, recording and investigation.
- Provision of Personal Protective Equipment.
- Establishment of Emergency response procedures.
- Appropriate provision of resources for medical attention and health benefits for any rehabilitation.